SaaS Setup Guide
The following instructions will guide you through the installation of Adxstudio Portals into your CRM Online organization.
Importing the Adxstudio Portals Installer solution package into an existing CRM Organization
The following instructions will guide you to install the customizations necessary to run an Adxstudio Portal application. These steps assume you have a CRM Organization already configured and you have the AdxstudioInstaller.zip solution. If you don't have the solution, please download and install the latest version of Adxstudio Portals as it will include our Installer solution. Once the MSI is installed, you can find the AdxstudioInstaller.zip solution under C:\Program Files (x86)\Adxstudio\XrmPortals\version\Customizations.
- Login to CRM using a System User account with the System Administrator or System Customizer Security Role
- Navigate to Settings
- Click Solutions
- Browse to the Customizations folder in the Adxstudio Portals installation directory. Default location is
C:\Program Files (x86)\ADXSTUDIO\XrmPortals\[version]\Customizations
Wait for import to complete
Refresh your browser and the Adxstudio Installer button will appear. Click on it to open the Installer.
Please read and accept the EULA to continue.
From the dropdown, choose the appropriate Gallery. For example, if you want to install our sample Customer Portal site, choose the Website Gallery and then click Install next to Adxstudio Portals Customer Portal. You can choose as many different solutions. Once you've selected the desired ones, click on Install in the bottom left-hand corner. The Installer will then import all the necessary solution dependencies.
- Refresh the window and you'll now see all the necessary solutions have been imported.
- Next, configure the Web Notification URLs for both the Cache Invalidation and Search Index for you website. Navigate to Settings > Web Notification URLs.
- Select New and populate the required fields for your Cache Invalidation URL. The name is just a descriptor of your choosing. The URL is your unique SaaS URL followed by /Cache.axd (eg. http://subscription.region.adxcloud.com/Cache.axd). Once populated, click Save and Close.
- Select New again and populate the required fields for the Search Index. Again, the name is just a descriptor of your choosing. The URL is your unique SaaS URL followed by /SearchIndex.axd (eg. http://subscription.region.adxcloud.com/SearchIndex.axd). Once populated, click Save and Close.
- Next we want to reset the password for the default content administrator contact. This contact is seeded automatically and has the necessary role for performing front-side editing. Navigate to Sales > Contacts and locate the System Administrator contact.
- Open the System Administrator contact, change the form to the Portal Contact form and scroll down to the Web Authentication section. You may see two Web Authentication sections on the Portal Contact form. One is a holdover from the old membership provider (pre-7.0.0018). The new Web Authentication section is tied to our new ASP.NET Identity provider. The section will have a subheading of 'Local Identity'.
- To reset the password, select the ellipsis (...) from the top action menu and select 'Start Dialog'.
- Select the 'Change Password' dialog and click Add.
- Enter your new password and Next/Finish your way through the dialog.
- Your password has now been set.
Use the CRM Connection Wizard to Connect Your SaaS Website to Your Adxstudio Portal
- Open your browser and navigate to your SaaS URL (eg. http://subscriptionname.region.adxcloud.com).
- Fill in the Organization Service URL, Username and Password. Providing the information entered is valid, the Website Name dropdown will populate with the Portal(s) that you installed in your CRM. Choose the desired one and click Apply.
- Your SaaS website will be ready in 15-30 seconds as it finishes a couple configuration items and you will then see the home page of your website. You can now use your website and sign into your website using the System Administrator contact you configured earlier.
- NOTE: Office 365 user accounts have a default password expiration of 90 days. If you use an O365 user that has an expiring password, your site will stop functioning if/when the password expires/changes. At that point you will need to contact Adxstudio Support to have your connection information reset so you can re-enter the updated connection credentials. To avoid that, we HIGHLY recommend that you disable password expiration on the account you use for the CRM connection for your Portal. To do so, please follow these instructions from Microsoft Support.
See Content Publishing to get started with content management.