Set Up Starter Portals (Adxstudio Portals 6.0)
The following instructions will help you set up the included sample Adxstudio Portal 6.0 websites.
If you have not already installed Adxstudio Portals for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 please refer to the installation instructions.
Configure the Connection String
Open the web.config file of the portal. The default location containing the portal code is
C:\Program Files (x86)\ADXSTUDIO\XrmPortals\<version>\Samples\MasterPortal\
Within connectionStrings section, modify the connectionString property to reference your CRM server and Organization along with the appropriate credentials. For more information regarding the connectionString please refer to the documentation. Example:
<connectionStrings> <add name="Xrm" connectionString="Url=http://crm2011/AdxstudioPortals; Domain=CONTOSO; Username=Administrator; Password=*******;"/> </connectionStrings>
Save your web.config
Create Portal Website in IIS7
- Open IIS Manager, right-click on Sites and select Add Web Site...
- Specifiy a Site name and specify an Application Pool.
- Set the Physical Path to MasterPortal folder located in the samples folder found in the installation directory of the Adxstudio Portals. The default location is
C:\Program Files (x86)\ADXSTUDIO\XrmPortals\<version>\Samples\MasterPortal\.
- Set your Binding. The combination of the IP adress, port number, and host name must be unique. Click OK.
- Click Application Pools and double-click on your website's Application Pool
- Set the .NET Framework version to .NET Framework v4.0. Click OK.
Ensure You Have the Correct Website Bindings
- Open CRM, navigate to Portals > Website Bindings
- Create a Website Binding with a Site Name equal to the Site Name for your IIS website. For example, if you named the Site My Portal in IIS, the Website Binding should have a Site Name of "My Portal". You also need to to choose the Website that you want your IIS site to actually render, for example, Basic Portal.
- Click "New"
- Enter a Name of your choice, for example "IIS Site - My Basic Portal"
- Choose the Website you want to render using your IIS site
- Enter the same Site Name as you entered for Site Name when you set up your portal in IIS
Alternatively, you can specify the Website Name in your Web.config. This way the code project will always render the same website irregardless of any website bindings you have set up in the CRM.
Open the Web.Config in your web project again. Scroll to the <micosoft.xrm.portal> node and in the <add> node set the websiteName property to the name of your portal. For example, If your site name is "Basic Portal" your node will look like this:
<add name="Xrm" websiteName="Basic Portal" type="Adxstudio.Xrm.PortalContext, Adxstudio.Xrm">
<websiteSelector type="Adxstudio.Xrm.Cms.WebsiteSelectors.WebsiteBindingAndPathWebsiteSelector, Adxstudio.Xrm"/>
<dependencyProvider type="Adxstudio.Xrm.Web.Configuration.DependencyProvider, Adxstudio.Xrm"/>
<crmEntitySecurityProvider type="Adxstudio.Xrm.Cms.Security.CmsCrmEntitySecurityProvider, Adxstudio.Xrm"/>
If using Website Bindings you can also configure your web project to work in F5 Debug mode (Cassini).
See Content Publishing to get started with content management.
Your portal is now ready to use. Repeat the above steps for additional portals.