Website Copy - Wizard: Importing
The following article shows how to import a website from a backup file using the Website Copy utility's wizard. The wizard will guide you through the website copy process step by step.
- Browse to a directory containing website backup files. Adxstudio Portals installation contains 5 differenent backup files found in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adxstudio\XrmPortals\4.x.00xx\Samples).
- Select the BasicPortal.xml file.
- Click 'Open'
- Select 'Basic Portal'
- Click 'Next'
Note: 'Include subscribing websites' checkbox will enable the copy process to also copy child subscribing websites if they exist. The Basic Portal does not have child websites so this option is left unchecked.
- Select an 'Authentication Type'
Selecting 'Integrated' will use the credentials of the current Windows User account.
Selecting 'Active Directory' will prompt for a Domain, Username and Password of a valid Active Directory account.
Selecting 'Windows Live ID' will prompt for a Windows Live ID, Password, Device ID and Device Password.
Choose an appropriate option based on your CRM server configuration.
Depending on your choice one of the following 3 screens will be displayed:
- Enter a URL to your CRM server
- Enter the required credentials
- Click 'Connect'
A dialog will be displayed indicating an attempt to connect to your CRM server.
- Select an 'Organization name'. This list will be populated with organizations the user provided has access to on the given server.
- Click 'Connect'
A dialog will be displayed indicating an attempt to connect to the CRM organization.
- Click 'Close'
Note: (optional) Click 'Copy' to copy the connection string to the clipboard. This can then be pasted into your portal's web.config file connectionString.
- Review the details of the website copy, you may click 'Back' to modify any settings.
- Click 'Create Website'
Note: (optional) Click 'Save' to create a Windows Command Script file that contains the settings specified in this wizard. This can be used to run the copy process from the command line without manually interacting with the wizard.
A dialog will be displayed indicating the progress of the copy process.